Social Marketing Strategist
June 2016 – Present
Sullivan Higdon & Sink
Accounts: Kansas City Chiefs, Twist’d Q, Merial, Doughnut Lounge, Cargill, AMC Theatres
Direct comprehensive social strategy, map and measure content strategy to support business goals, lead paid social initiatives, and consult brand and client teams on new methods, processes and best practices.
- Integrate with the Brand team to map and measure well-defined and relevant social content strategy that supports and extends business initiatives, determining which methods work for the client and why.
- Develop social strategy decks to guide brands from goal setting and channel tactics that align and integrate messaging and creative with social audiences.
- Consult with clients to understand and develop brand visions for how social strategies should evolve while maintaining brand integrity.
- Lead the planning, approach and execution of paid media across social platforms.
- Direct comprehensive social strategy guidelines to develop positioning and unique brand voice, ensuring all content maintains integrity across varying channels and audiences.
- Stay ahead of trends in the social and content marketplace and lead in exploring and adopting new methods or processes for producing, delivering and consuming content.
Social Creative Strategist
May 2015 – May 2016
Focus on helping clients develop content marketing strategies and create experiences that spark conversations and build relationships with their social audiences.
- Audit and analyze existing social efforts to build targeted paid and organic content marketing and social strategies.
- Collaborate with clients to develop creative concepts that engage and grow their social audiences.
- Consult clients on the best practices of social ad products.
Digital Media Assistant
November 2014 – May 2015
St. Louis Rams
Responsible for creating day-to-day social content and taking social campaigns from concept to execution, setting KPIs and delivering analytics reports to departments.
- Designed, produced and led in the creative direction of social content, including Vine, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and the launching of the Snapchat account.
- Developed and managed social measurement procedures, setting protocol on KPIs and analyzing content performance.
- Evaluated and selected social vendors, leveraging deeper analytics to monitor content and provide revenue opportunities to Sponsorship.
Account Coordinator, Social Media
June 2013 – December 2014
Accounts: VisitMO, Explore St. Louis, CPC Logistics
Led the client on social media strategy and governance policies, developed and maintained the content calendar, responsible for the brand’s voice, and provided creative direction for our content marketing program aimed at inspiring conversation, empowering loyalty, and driving advocacy.
- Assisted in rebranding of VisitMO and worked on the Spotlight/Reveal Facebook campaign. Campaign ranked in the top 10% of all DMO ads SMARI has ever tested and grew the Facebook fan base by 348%.
- Managed a community of over 150,000 through a consistent brand voice that inspired fans to engage in sharing their travel plans and experiences.
- Nurtured advocates and tapped brand influencers to build loyalty, amplify reach and increase conversation of Missouri trip planning.
- Established the integrated content calendar and planned and developed content using qualitative and quantitative data of our community, the brand, and culture.
- Led in the creative direction and execution for social content and worked congruently with the client on the creation and execution of digital content.
- Led the paid social strategy and worked with the media team to research third party vendors, execute campaign initiatives via Power Editor, and managed a $150,000 paid social media budget.
- Networked with key members in the tourism industry at marquee events and leveraged connections to collaborate on digital initiatives.
- Managed the client’s email marketing operations and oversaw the creative development and interest-based targeting of over 1.8 million emails.
Social Media Manager
November 2012 – November 2014
Turf Show Times (SB Nation)
I managed the brand’s social media channels, represented the brand as the voice on Twitter and Facebook, worked with our writers to consistently publish stories, and created bits of entertaining, quippy, shareable social content.
- Organically grew the Facebook page by 228%, increasing fan base from 1,452 to 4,763.
- Established Turf Show Times as a leader in social media best practices by creating and executing real-time, game day content in the form of GIFs and Vines.
- Managed the communities of and served as the brand ambassador for the brand’s social channels.
Social Media Manager
Training Edge Fitness
I founded and created daily content for the Training Edge Fitness blog and managed the Facebook and Linkedin pages. I developed partnerships with local businesses to improve community involvement and brand awareness.
Southeast Missouri State University
I studied Integrated Marketing Communications at Southeast Missouri State University. I presented marketing strategies and creative briefs to nonprofit and corporate clients.