A strategist who understands creative direction. I inject creativity into solving business problems versus restricting creativity to the execution. Content strategy plus design experience that gives me a complete strategic and tactical range of solutions. My greatest strength is solving strategic marketing problems through marketing analysis and content creation.
Social Marketing Strategist
June 2016 – Present
Sullivan Higdon & Sink
Accounts: Kansas City Chiefs, Twist’d Q, Merial, Doughnut Lounge, Cargill, AMC Theatres
Direct, map and measure comprehensive social strategy that supports business goals, lead paid social planning, consult brand and client teams on content strategy, and inspire creative teams to execute on the campaign vision.
- Integrate with the brand and media teams to determine well-defined and relevant social content strategy that supports and extends business initiatives, determining which methods work for the client and why.
- Present strategies and guide clients on goal setting, audience targeting, channel tactics, messaging, and content development.
- Conduct content audits and consumer research to uncover insights that guide campaign strategies and new business opportunities.
- Lead the media team in the planning and buying of paid media across social platforms.
- Craft engagement frameworks and work with creative teams to help develop their ideas by incorporating media strategy and partner recommendations.
- Build social strategy guidelines to develop positioning and unique brand voice, ensuring all content maintains integrity across channels and audiences.
Social Creative Strategist
May 2015 – May 2016
Focus on helping clients create social content strategies that activate and build relationships with fans.
- Audit marketing efforts to develop content strategy that align with business goals.
- Construct key messaging objectives throughout the consumer journey and provide strategic rigor to the implementation of a campaign idea.
- Build strategic frameworks to inspire visual concepts.
Digital Media Assistant
November 2014 – May 2015
St. Louis Rams
Responsible for creating day-to-day social content and taking social campaigns from concept to execution, setting KPIs and delivering analytics reports to departments.
- Designed, produced and led in the creative direction of social content, including Vine, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and the launching of the Snapchat account.
- Developed and managed social measurement procedures, setting protocol on KPIs and analyzing content performance.
- Evaluated and selected social vendors, leveraging deeper analytics to monitor content and provide revenue opportunities to Sponsorship.
Account Coordinator, Social Media
June 2013 – December 2014
Accounts: VisitMO, Explore St. Louis, CPC Logistics
Led the client on social media strategy and governance policies, developed and maintained the content calendar, responsible for the brand’s voice, and provided creative direction for our content marketing program aimed at inspiring conversation, empowering loyalty, and driving advocacy.
- Assisted in rebranding of VisitMO and worked on the Spotlight/Reveal Facebook campaign. Campaign ranked in the top 10% of all DMO ads SMARI has ever tested and grew the Facebook fan base by 348%.
- Managed a community of over 150,000 through a consistent brand voice that inspired fans to engage in sharing their travel plans and experiences.
- Nurtured advocates and tapped brand influencers to build loyalty, amplify reach and increase conversation of Missouri trip planning.
- Established the integrated content calendar and planned and developed content using qualitative and quantitative data of our community, the brand, and culture.
- Led in the creative direction and execution for social content and worked congruently with the client on the creation and execution of digital content.
- Led the paid social strategy and worked with the media team to research third party vendors, execute campaign initiatives via Power Editor, and managed a $150,000 paid social media budget.
- Networked with key members in the tourism industry at marquee events and leveraged connections to collaborate on digital initiatives.
- Managed the client’s email marketing operations and oversaw the creative development and interest-based targeting of over 1.8 million emails.
Social Media Manager
November 2012 – November 2014
Turf Show Times (SB Nation)
I managed the brand’s social media channels, represented the brand as the voice on Twitter and Facebook, worked with our writers to consistently publish stories, and created bits of entertaining, quippy, shareable social content.
- Organically grew the Facebook page by 228%, increasing fan base from 1,452 to 4,763.
- Established Turf Show Times as a leader in social media best practices by creating and executing real-time, game day content in the form of GIFs and Vines.
- Managed the communities of and served as the brand ambassador for the brand’s social channels.
Social Media Manager
Training Edge Fitness
I founded and created daily content for the Training Edge Fitness blog and managed the Facebook and Linkedin pages. I developed partnerships with local businesses to improve community involvement and brand awareness.
Southeast Missouri State University
I studied Integrated Marketing Communications at Southeast Missouri State University. I presented marketing strategies and creative briefs to nonprofit and corporate clients.